January 5, 2012

The holidays

It's been awhile since I updated. Christmas and New Years are over. I can't believe it's all ready 2012 -- if the Mayans have their way, we have just celebrated our last new years!

Here is a 2-picture recap.




Christmas was fantastic. The husband loved his presents. He uses his laptop desk every day (I will post a tutorial and pictures for this -- I promise!). I made canvas pictures for my Mother-in-law to hang in the vacation house she and Father-in-law are building. They both loved the pictures and requested more canvas pictures for their new house. So, all in all, a complete success. (And I loved my gifts, too. Have to mention this because I know you're reading it!).






New Years day, husband and I built this bookcase. We used Ana-White's plans, with the slight adaptation of not nailing in the shelf dividers so we can move them around and adjust whenever and however we want. It needs to be painted but I'm torn between a seafoam green and a pretty cream. Husband is pushing to stain it because he likes the look of wood. We will see...

New Years Eve was a complete bust. We paid $80 + tip for dinner in a new restaurant. When we got there, it was complete chaos and it turns out there are no waitors. We had to get our raw meat (Husband had a steak and I had the salmon) on a styrofoam plate and grill it ourselves on this giant charcoal grill. I was wearing awesome heels, so my feet were killing my by the third trip downstairs for getting my salad, grilling my entree, getting my sides, getting my drink, getting dessert, etc. We ended up just leaving about an hour after we got there and spent the rest of the night at home cuddling up and watching a movie. We actually missed midnight by a few minutes! It was worth it, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment