November 29, 2011

Project: No crap on the ground

My fabric stash has always been a mess. it seemed to me that there was no good way to store it so that I could see what I had and still access it easily (stacking just led to half the pile falling over, baskets made it hard to see, etc). I went black friday shopping and got a killer deal on a comforter and sheets. After I washed my finds, I was digging through my fabric and I had an idea.
I grabbed the empty, plastic, zippered bag that my comforter came in and I folded my fabric and added it. It was easy to see. The piles were small (no falling over!). It was easy to use. It was water proof. It zipped to keep it all together. it would slide into a corner, under a table, under my bed! It was perfect!

I grabbed the smaller version that my sheets came in and put my scrap stash in it. It's been working perfectly for me. I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner!



No comments:

Post a Comment